View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:31 PM

Default Update

Hi Jeff, Sara and Harrison,
Thank you so much for both of your responses, hearing your experiences has been very helpful. It is nice to hear opinions from people that know what its actually like to have back pain. Sara I was wondering what your recovery experience was like from the surgery? Jeff to answer your question I am currently deciding between studying pre-med or accounting, both of which are very demanding career choice that require over 40hr work weeks. I am trying not to let my back play a factor in my major choice, believing that my back will get better and allowing me to be competitive and successful in the work place although its hard not to become discouraged and think of a bleak future. I've decided to give one last huge attempt at treating my back conservatively, I am going to try once again to do walking, naturopath, meditation, acupuncture, swimming to see if I can make any improvement. If I see no improvement than I think I am going to opt for surgery this summer To answer Harrison question, I hurt my back initially while rowing but my brother also has lumbar disc degeneration and my grandpa does as well, I believe I was genetically predispositioned to having disc problems and I simply sped up the process. I want to thank you guys again for all of your information and support.