View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:06 PM

Well, I finally decided it's about time to go for that second opinion on wether or not the ADR surgery is for me. I set up an appointment with Dr. Kuflik at the Spine Institue of NY in two weeks. Has anyone here had any experiences with the doctors at SINY?

I also have an appointment with my regular surgeon next week. Poor guy is waiting for me to give him the go ahead to do this surgery but I just have to know for sure that I am the right canidate for it. That, and there's also the fact that he's done only 7 of these surgeries. He's a great doc, takes as much time to talk to you as you need but that still doesn't make up for his limited experience in doing this surgery. I'm still a scared little chicky.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09