View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laid up doc View Post
i'm just going to say this once - focus your efforts on whether the device is in right, whether there were other unidentified pain generators, and what you can do moving forward. the prodisc has worked well in many, many people. all of you signed informed consent prior to having surgery.

to dwell on the disc, imho, is a waste of energy and will only make you feel worse. there is a HUGE mind-body connection that is not well understood, but well known by medical professionals. focus on moving forward and you will find you have spent your energy in a more productive fashion.
laid up doc - I have taken your advice to heart. By the way - my ADR has been verified to be installed correctly with a 2nd opinion. Whether the device is a good device is a subject that is well debated elsewhere on ADRSupport.org. Here is what I think my unique problem with the ProDisc ADR is:

The thoracic spine does not move. The rib cage prevents it. My thoracic and cervical spine have literally been fused together. My C7 vertebrae is like a tree stump poking out of the top of my neck. The ADR on top of that is being over worked.

My Orthopedic surgeon, the 2nd one, has commented that it is very unusual for my fusion to not be complete after 11 months at my age of 38. Is this because it is under stress? Transferring this stress up into the ADR? Does this explain the pain between my shoulders?

Is the ADR flexing so extreme that it is not only touching my spinal cord but also restricting blood flow to my brain causing headaches, difficulty concentrating, dizzy spells with blurred vision and impaired hearing? Exasperated when put on a steroid?

Maybe the ProDisc can't handle this configuration. It has nothing to limit its movement other than my anatomy as far as I can tell. Other discs look like a car's front end C-Joint with a boot and seem to have mechanism to limit the deflection in my opinion.

PS - I don't know which version of the ProDisc I received.
May 2nd 2011 – Fusion at C7-T1, prodisc ADR at C6-C7
Present – Headache since May 2nd. Dizzy spells with trouble concentrating and blurred vision and hearing. Mid-back pain that radiates into my chest, neck soreness, numb extremities. Cold chills throughout body.