View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 03:12 PM

Perhaps what these professionals are referring to is the population as a whole.

Every spine site I have read, has said that MOST people DO get better within a couple of years with therapy.

Then, there is the rest of us, who despite various non surgical treatments DON'T get better.

My own NS (who is highly respected here in Oz) said to hold off for as long as possible having an ADR or fusion. He said there was a remote chance that I would heal on my own. He also said to wait, until I couldn't put up with the pain any more as either op is very intrusive.

Believe it or not, not all surgeons are gung ho to operate.

Unless you are experiencing serious neurological symptoms that are getting worse, it is wise to wait and see.

Remember, these operations CAN and DO create problems of their own. There are lots and lots of people on this board to attest to this. There are also lots of people on this board to attest to the success of their surgery.

I think when it comes to any type of surgery, unless it is an emergency, CAUTION is the way to go.

For me personally, I will probably have an ADR after August. My condition hasn't deteriorated, and my pain levels are definately related to what I do, which isn't much. I'm just sick of not being able to do normal stuff.

Just my two cents worth.

Hucky
Treated for whiplash, PT, Accupuncture, Massage symptoms predominatly on left hand side. No relief.
Aug 04 C6/7 ruptures. MRI shows no deteriorat