View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afhstock View Post
This is basically a copy of my first post and intro here to adrsupport. I'm gonna try and keep a running thread of my progress for those folks interested. Excuse me as I am knew to posting but not to the wonderful forum (thanks Harrison).

Hello everyone,
I have been quietly scouring this site for about a year but only wanted to post when I was about to proceed with surgery. I am planning an L5-S1 M6-L ADR with Mr. David Harrison (spine surgeon) in the UK at BMI-Princess Margaret Hospital. He's hardly mentioned here but he's had decades of experience with the older type discs and has done approx 70+ M6's both cervical and lumbar. He has also performed an M6-L on Retief Goosen (Interview Link is below) who's a pro golfer at the L3-4 level. He returned to pro golf tours at 5 months amazingly. Of course that level is not as stressed as the lowers.
I was also considering Dr. Clavel or Mr. Dare who are also fine surgeons. After doing research, I personally can't see why you would choose outside of those docs if planning on going overseas. Cost is about the same, slightly higher in the U.K. If you'd like to know details just email me at afhstock@hotmail.com

I'm planning for surgery on April 16 2013. He's busy but not so busy as to feel overlooked. Of course only post-op will I give you a real outlook ...but his PA has been wonderful.

Must read. pro-golfer M6-L ADR by Mr. David Harrison (U.K.):
ASAP Sports Transcripts - Golf - 2013 - AT&T PEBBLE BEACH NATIONAL PRO-AM - February 6 - Retief Goosen

Praying for a pain-free life for everyone.
What great news. On both fronts. I now have one more professional athlete to refer to as going back to their sport. Good luck on your upcoming surgery!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.