View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 10:59 AM

Default Groin pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry5 View Post
Hello Bird,

Yes it can, at least it did with me, at the time I was taking a diuretic for blood pressure (now another type) and brought this up with the doc, they asked if I had any incontinence issues, it was more of loss of control.

Seems after surgery, I have never had that issue, it was pretty intermittent, but the Pudendal nerve covers a lot of area.

Here too, Bierstedt, did mine, the M6, I was supposed to have two, but it was too dangerous to do the lower, the L51, so they offered a fusion, from the back.

If this was the USA, I probably would have had to schedule another surgery.

Cannot thank them enough.

Any way you slice it, it will take a few years to work through all this...,
In case no one mentions it, do not lift anything more than a gallon of milk for 90 days, it takes a long time for the bone to grow onto the surfaces of the disc.

Good Luck, and the sooner you do this, the sooner it is over, and the less damage there is.

All the best.
Hi Jerry,
I have a new groin pain. It is in the crease of my left leg. It is sometimes higher just below the hip & sometimes lower towards my testes. I had an ultrasound which eliminated an inguenal hernia. Then had a CT scan which eliminated kidney stones and other urological problems. My sports medicine doc identified several groin muscles including abductors which are weak and painful. I was given corticosteroids to reduce the inflammation. However, I think it can be a lumbar nerve that innervates these muscles.

My research identified the obturator nerve which starts from L2 - L4 and goes to the groin. I noticed that in addition to your PLIF and M6 ADR, you had a problem with disc herniation at a higher level. Can you shine any light on groin pain and what the originating cause was? Thanks.
2013/2014 – Dessication and significant disc height loss at L4-L5 & L5-S1; L3-L4 disc bulge with hypertrophy; mild spinal stenosis; Grade 1 anterolisthesis (3mm); L4-L5 - marginal spurring and moderate hypertrophy causing neuroforaminal narrowing; L5-S1 - moderate-severe neuroforaminal narrowing; lumbar lordosis is straightening.

New pains & functional limitations in late 2013 led to exploring ADR procedures. Consulted with 8 surgeons domestically and 9 in Europe.
May 2014 – Anterior and posterior incisions in a 5-hour surgery resulted in 2 M-6s and one facet joint prosthesis (dynamic stabilization system). On the road to full recovery.