View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 AM

Default Activity post-ADR

In the military, they have you running, jumping, fully-deployable with no physical restrictions after 3-6 months post-op with the ProDisc-L. I can only imagine the second-gen will be similar. Some surgeons are going to be overly cautious, others may not be restrictive enough. Trust me, your body will let you know when to slow down. When it hurts, when you feel discomfort, then don't do it. Some days, for me, that means I don't leave my bedroom. Other days it means I can go for a walk in the park (keep in mind, I'm only one month out).

The Freedom, which just finished trial surgeries here in the US, but is available in Europe, I believe, underwent stress testing and did not show wear, if I remember correctly. There's a DVD I've linked to in my sig that shows the testing they put it through (more than 5x what the human body is likely to put it through) and it came through with great results.

Some doctors are PAID to endorse certain discs over others, so keep that in mind, and make sure to ask your doctor if he's recieving any financial boon for using one disc over another. They are required by law to inform you if they are.

2006: Initial disc herniation/spinal injury at L4-5, L5-S1
2007: Physical therapy and manual chiropractic rehabilitation to manageable level.
2010: Fall down flight of stairs, re-injury.
07/20/2011: L4-L5 Freedom ADR Surgery

Facebook Me