View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 AM

I do agree with LBP's suggestions all the way, however, on a sour note, it can still play against you. Case in point: my husband's company is self-insured; he has been with the company for over 17 years; he is the highest level executive at the company, minus the owner and one other. The head of HR and the owner made the final decision, and concluded he is already a "highly compensated executive." Translate.....pay for it yourselves. I even had a one on one personal interview with the head of HR, but she had already made up her mind before the appt., as she handed me the "denial" on letterhead while we sat there. I still wonder why she agreed to the interview. Possibly so she could appease her conscience, handing it to me in person. In any event, it's all about the money. And employers and insurance companies will deny till the cows come home, as long as they can still get by on "experimental" and "for one level only." I will never understand that perverted power, if the FDA has approved something, how they can still deny. It's a crazy, mixed up world with health insurance. On a better note, "Terry" got his four level covered, I believe, largely due to his status at his company, also self-insured. So, go figure.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!