View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM

Hi MeggieLynn,
I've had that one set of post-op x-rays they did in the hospital the night I was in recovery. Next set is in three weeks. I was on Percocet 5 every 6-8 hours, and Valium for muscle spasms. I was only given 10 days of Valium, and forced it to last until just this week. I'm waiting on a call from the docs office today about maybe going back to Vicodin at a more frequent dose than the Percocet at a longer interval and adding the Valium back to the mix, at least for now.
My husband took leave and only went back to work on the third, so he was a huge help, and my neighbors are usually happy to have my son visit for a few hours during the day (school is still 2 weeks from resuming, here); I don't like imposing, but I know the kid is probably bored since we're normally a mountain-biking, hiking, go-and-do kind of bunch (even pre-surgery, I braved some of the "easy" mountain bike trails because I love the sport and the Rockies). He's trying to be helpful, and it's cute. He keeps bringing me milk because he realized something's been done to my bones and made the milk = bones connection. It's cute.

I think I'm just at that place that I'm pretty sure everyone gets to when they've been "in recovery" a little too long, but not long enough to "be recovered" and you just want to scream. Which I've done. Actually, that screaming part helped, but did scare my dog under the bed.

The sudden onset of pain may be related to the muscle spasms and my lack of muscle relaxers. I'll check whenever the nurse calls me back. That would explain a lot. I figured I didn't need muscle relaxers at this point (I assumed since the "muscles" they messed with were primarily my abs, those were what the relaxers were for... but if the muscles in my back are reacting... that would explain a thing or two....

2006: Initial disc herniation/spinal injury at L4-5, L5-S1
2007: Physical therapy and manual chiropractic rehabilitation to manageable level.
2010: Fall down flight of stairs, re-injury.
07/20/2011: L4-L5 Freedom ADR Surgery

Facebook Me