View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanks0001 View Post
Has anyone had any negative outcomes from a surgery with doctor Clavel. I will be having surgery on the 8th of May2013. 3 ADR cervical. Any advice would be appreciated. I was considering Aimis in Cyprus but had some negative malpractices on doctor there so decided to go with Dr Clavel in Barcelona. Thanks Dalton
It depends by what you mean by negative outcome. There is a patient who is active on here whose leg pain did not resolve after he had an ADR and it appears that the nerve root compression was not being caused by the disc. Technically that is a negative outcome but the patient is still glad they had the surgery (sorry their name escapes me but do some searches and it will pop up).

As for me - I have a hernia caused by my incision - it is annoying and I may need to have surgery on it in the future, but my back pain is mostly gone and I return to work Monday after 2 years off so I consider my surgery a success despite it. Every surgery is a risk, the key is getting the right diagnosis beforehand - e.g. I had a discogram to ensure my pain was discogenic and my pain was 'fixed' by the surgery. I do know that Clavel states he's never done revisions (of his own surgeries).
2009 - Trampoline injury (just bounced down on my butt)
2009-2011 Physiotherapy and medication, progress but no lasting pain relief
2010 - X-Ray DDD L5-S1, L4-L5, L4-L3
2010 - MRI Herniation L5-S1, Bulges L4-L5, L4-L3
2011 - Epidurals - No relief
2012 - Facet Injections - No relief
2012 - Discogram TBI - positive L3-S1

L3-S1 ADR M6-L w Clavel 11/28/2012