View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:51 AM

Default adhesion barrier

Dear Harrison,

Thank you so much for replying. So according to your observation, adhesion barrier is not necessarily beneficial due to the fact that it might cause more troubles? I wonder what kind of adhesion barrier Dr. Bertagnoli uses. Do you happen to know? Is it a certain instrument or a technique?

Now I understand there are truly some technique differences between European and American doctors. When i read on the "superior surgery" page on Dr. Bertagnoli's website, I was unconsciously taking his ways as the "Golden Standard" without knowing that there might be some downside to the approaches too. Thanks for pointing out.

I struggle between the two options a lot. (Dr. B or Dr Guyer at TBI). At this moment, I don't know what to choose. I wish there are more public information about the surgical outcomes and techniques employed by US doctors. But I do find out a paper written by Dr. Guyer and Dr. Zigler that says "In the series of 1,707 patients, there were 17 patients who underwent TDR removal (0.99%) and 3 additional patients underwent TDR revision (0.17%). The rates based on the total number of 2,023 TDR devices implanted in the 1,707 patients, were 0.89% removals and 0.15% revisions. " These are the patients from last 17 years.

The link is below if anyone is interested.

http://www.isass.org/abstracts/isass...-during-a.html

Thank you! I would love to hear what you think and your perspective!
DiscSeel procedure at L3-S1 in Feb 2018 (no help)
considering ADR at L4-L5 and L5-S1