View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Hiya,
Just to add my 10c worth- I'm having the surgery next week (so you know what I decided). You of course have to be comfortable with your decision.
I got to mine because I have always been very active (much like yourself) but thought I could tough it out. I finally ended up in hospital for pain relief in June of this year. I was literally curled in a ball weeping as I couldn't cope with the pain. I have had leg trouble e and relentless pain since then and nothing would/will relieve it. You really don't want to get to the stage (if you can avoid it) where every day is a battle against back pain. It impacts your mental as well as physical well being.
It sounds like you're not in a "hell hole" of pain (which is great) but have enough pain which on occasions stops you doing what you want to do. In your shoes (and if I had my time again) I would get a second opinion from a Doc who's done lots of ADR. Tell him you want to avoid surgery (which I think you do) but that you want to maintain an active life. See what he says.

In the end you will know if something needs to be done. The you have to decide what has to be done. (as annapura suggested above - it's two questions).

Good luck with whatever you do decide. Whatever happens, write in this thread what you do decide. Everybody's story helps the next person who's likely in exactly the same quandary as you.

Good luck!!