View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Banned

I had the patella on the right realigned surgically back in '91. It was a really prolonged recovery as I couldn't wear the long leg cast for the full 8 weeks because of my low back pain, in fact, wore it 2 weeks and was braced for several months afterwards.

I learned this past summer that the surgery, patella tendon release, done for realigned patella, didn't actually take.. or gradually moved became misaligned again. Definately this knee is weaker in terms of two previous surgeries, altho I've been told because of the status of L4, I'm losing the quad muscle tone to the right surrounding knee area and by strengthening this area, this is all I can do for it at this point.

Because of low back flare ups, I have difficulty doing the exercises prescribed for knees on as regular a basis as is dictated/desired. I do prefer a nonsurgical resolution (or thru exercise) if this is possible. Hopefully it is. Maybe my left knee is just acting up based on the exerecise and/or weight distributed on it during some of exercises....