View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 09:45 PM

My doctor sent me to a Podiatrist who made orthotics in an attempt to help my back pain because my gait would be different and help decrease my back pain (can't remember what was wrong with the gait). The orthotics were made out of a hard material and just killed my feet (which already hurt from numbness and back pain) plus these made my shoes extra heavy which didn't help matters. I only wore these for 2 partial days and quit. I got a new doctor who again suggested that I wear some sort of orthotics and ordered me a pair of "superfeet footbeds" which are a shoe insert. At first these hurt my feet also but I kept wearing them and now it's been 3 months and they are broken in. My feet don't hurt anymore from the inserts or from the way I walk with them in my shoes. Doesn't seem to help my original foot pain or back pain though. However, I can't see how it corrected a problem with my gait but these do give me more support. These are also much cheaper than getting orthotics made. see www.superfeet.com
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy