View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Banned

Spotty,
thanks for the website, and I too have found that depending on the shoe and orthotic, sometimes the combination does seem way too heavy for my already rather numbed right foot~ not to mention how my back feels later!

Fortitudine,
Usually my pain has come after wearing the shoe for while, the legs get really tired, the back aches.. tho if it hurts anytime after wearing the orthotic for any extended amount of time~ that's too long for me!

Paulam,
I always buy a really good tennis shoe that is fitted specifically for pronation. Have to watch that I don't get a heel area that is overly stiff/supported tho had done really well with Nikes for the last 10 years or so. Lately I've not found a Nike style I found comfortable all the way round so bought some Asics that are GREAT.
The podiatrist even stated that they were good shoe (which my feet had previously confimred)
I'd been using a Spenco support that was recommended in a Running Store that I bought my shoes from for a long time. I thought they were very helpful tho according to this Podiatrist, he said they were "useless"...
Like you, I feel I need the shoe instead of the orthotic and I have to fit my foot overall as I have other concerns besides pronation altho created by pronation~

Harrison,
I surely hope your feet aren't bothersome too..

Thank you all for your replies, somehow I didn't think I was the only person with a bad back who wore orthotics and experienced an aggravated case of back pain!