View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Banned

I think I'm one of those that has had a pretty good experience with Worker's Compensation Insurance overall considering I injured my back in '82 and have was fortunate enough to get lifetime medical benefits as part of the award covering my low back.

This is not to say that I've not had some pretty gruesome struggles with WC before my benefits were awarded and even earlier after the award of lifetime future medical but overall in the last 12 years, it has been greatly beneficial to me to have this coverage.

Since '82 I've had 2 spine surgeries, and since '92 with diagnosis of failed back syndrome (failed surgery) I've utilized the benefits episodically until '98 and then continually for Pain Management from 2001 until now.

Since '98 WC insurance has authorized a 3 level global fusion that I never had, and 2 - 2 level Prodisc ADR replacement surgeries that I've yet to have either. They say they will approve this surgery whenever I'm ready to have it..

Of late, another MRI has been ordered and authorized..

I can't complain right now.. the insurance has definately benefited me to date..

Now I always am waiting for the other shoe to drop re WC as one never knows, esp. given the climate of WC politics in California right now~