View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 08:08 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have been asked this several times recently, so I thought I should post.

Chasswen is correct that it is normally not over 80 here, however, as I say this, its a muggy 85. This could be related to the fever pitch of the worldcup soccer, the Germans are indeed very serious about this and its estimated that when Germany is playing, over 95% of Germany is watching.)

There are two hotels in Straubing that have air conditioning, mind you it is not standard American (very cold ) air conditioning, but the present patients are quiet comfortable in these two hotels that I list in my info pack.

They are The ASAM and The Theresientor. (Although not all rooms have air conditioning so you must ask). Although the hospitals are not air conditioned,the nurses work to keep the areas as cool as possible, (low level or no lighting when not needed) I have purchased fans that have made it very comfortable and the windows open wide for air exchange. It is certainly a different system than in the states and being able to open a window in a hospital room is a delight.

Restaurants are not usually air conditioned but most have very comfortable open air eating under umbrellas on clean cobblestone streets, which is the ultimate European experience. (Oh, and God Bless the Biergartens)

With Warm Regards, (no pun intended),

Anita Peludat
International Patient Coodinator
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit