View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 PM

Hi CindyLou-
To increase your daily salt intake you may want to try adding one half teaspoon of sea salt to your tongue every morning. A massage therapist
recommended I try this and there's a book advocating it:
http://www.amazon.com/Water-Health-Healing-Youre-Thirst...id=1196301225&sr=1-1

I drink gallons of water a day but don't retain it because of the lack of salt in my diet.
I have not read the book but I have increased my intake of sea salt and magnesium (magnesium also helps prevent migraines which i have along with the back benefits). Of course cal/mag is also great for the health of our bones.

If your not into the direct salt maybe try increasing your sea salt intake through Amy's organic foods or other foods with fairly high sea salt concentrations and see how that goes. I assume you do not have high blood pressure.

Potassium may help with the cramping too. Years ago I used to eat a potassium rich bar and drink gatorade an hour before running to help w/leg cramps and it worked! Now I eat a banana LaraBar every morning which has 460mg of potassium.
I've yet to suffer from any cramps post-op, and hope i never will, but I have enough other pains!

Good luck!
Liz
2009 L4-5 Prodisc ADR removed and revised to XLIF w/posterior instrumentation
massive hemorrhage from tear of inferior vena cava at right iliac vein due to adhesion from Prodisc op
2010 not fused; as a result of complications permanent nerve damage to lumbar plexus causing severe rt leg, hip, groin pain