View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall_Boris View Post
"- Degeneration eventually stabilizes so if you can live with modified activites, the pain will get better. Surgery is risky and should be avoided at all costs because their is an inherent wild card with surgery and you may be worse off after surgery. Your odometer has "run out" and you should adjust your life style to avoid any physical stressors. No running, climbing, cycling etc."

Canadian doctor? Because that what I was told, repeatedly!
Stonie....that was what the orthopod just told me last week re: my right lateral knee with no cartilage...."it's only 70% worn out...forget about the PRPs whatever, stem cells, prolozone whatever, uni-compartmental knee operation either as it's only gonna have to completely ripped out to a full knee change....just put up with the pain and get some opioids and wait 'till it's 100% !@#%ed up and then I'll give you a new knee". I replied that I heard that one couldn't/shouldn't mtn bike with a 'full knee' replacement. He said, "that's correct but your at the age (60 last week) that you shouldn't be doing all the sh!t anymore anyway....time to RESIGN yourself to the fact you SHOULDN'T be doing that, Doug". So I went to a researched NP doctor last week for a Prolozone injection and just got back after a weekend of mtn biking in Golden and 1/2 hour ago from Cobble Hill......and no pain and Annapurna from this site took some great time to relay her and her husband's experience with Prolozone......Do you research folks and TRUST yourself......your the greatest and really, the only advocate for your health and Phuk the Cdn Medical System.....