View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 07:49 PM

Default You're spot on...

River,
You've remembered correctly, and that's how I found Dr. Kim, was by reading those same publications that indicated he was heading the clinical trial of the Mobi-C. I was just really, really hoping that someone here had already had him as their surgeon.
I do take his involvement with the trials to be a very good thing for his experience level. He's now been doing ADR's with the Mobi C for 10 years. Even if he only did one a week, that's 500 patients. That seems like enough to me to get the hang of it.
I'm just really surprised that no one here has had him as their surgeon. I was hoping to get a first-hand account. But, I'll be posting my own trials and tribulations here as I go through the recovery process, so he'll have at least one review.
If you've seen Dr. Kim's name on studies, you've probably already seen the 5 year follow up study, and the cost comparison paper wherein they make the case that ADR is cheaper than a fusion, and that it has better outcomes. If you haven't these will help in your appeal process.
Good Luck!
Herniated Discs C5-6, C6-7
Thoracic outlet syndrome, cervical radiculopathy,
cervical myelopathy
Had 2 level ADR with Mobi-C at UC Davis Medical Center on 9/14/16.