View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 10:24 AM

Hi everyone,
It seems I only pop in here when I have a problem, but our puter was fried by lightening a couple months ago and haven't had time to replace.
To bring you up to date, husband Pat had a TLIF on Sept 13 and I posted here about his terrible post op pain. Well, eventually it improved and he had about two good weeks in October.
Then things went downhill rapidly to where he is prop condition again,only worse as he can barely get in and out of bed. Initial x-rays at 3 wks were ok, then last week (9'ish weeks out) showed not only no fusion, but NO bone growth whatsoever. I didn't go to appt,had to work, which I am the one to usually ask the tough questions. Surgeon was very concerned and ordered MRI, which was Sat. In meantime, Pat goes to his PM doc, who looked at x-rays and report and is very alarmed,stating that NOW there is spondylolisthesis present and that he will need more surgery asap. He feels surgeon botched this job, we should get a second opinion asap, but that nobody will want to touch someone else's mess.
We see neurosurgeon Wednesday, who (according to the PM doc) will either give a "wait-see" approach or schedule surgery immed.
Any thoughts? Well, besides the obvious (Pat your life really sucks). Talk about a bad month, I also ran over my 10 yo's beloved dog, WITH 5 of the kids in the car, couple weeks ago.

Robin