View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned

Robin,
I just want to say I'm sorry for all that Pat is going thru w/this failed fusion and pain.
The only advice I have is to see what this surgeon says, meanwhile if it's surgery he recommends tell him you want a 2nd opinion and he should be able to refer you to a few reputable surgeons.

I'd meanwhile also get a 2nd opinion set up if he says to wait. While it's true that no one wants to perhaps touch someone else's surgical endeavor, you will find fine surgeons willing to give a consultation and those that do what is considered "revision surgery".

Myself, I'd send the films to Dr.Bertagnoli in Germany thru Mark's services to see what his opinion might be.

Those are just my suggestions or what I'd want to do for myself in this very same situation.

I was on track to have a 2 level ADR (possibly 3) which WC had been willing to pay for here in the states, however, since new WC people are taking the reigns it's back to an offer of a 3 level global fusion which I've been ardently avoiding since '98. Oh well..

Meanwhile, so sorry about your dog. That must have been really tough with the kids in the car, tho at least you didn't have to face them and tell them the news. Still, that's a shame..

Hi to Pat and hang in there..sounds like the PM doc is helpful so that's good. Don't often hear them recommending more surgery~ at least that's been my experience.