View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 02:43 PM

Hi J!

I just had the anterior approach TDR surgery with the Activ-L a couple of weeks ago in the same area you're you're looking to have it. The recovery was a little rough because of the anterior approach, and my surgeon went head-on instead of obliquely, for about the first week, but other than that it's been fantastic!

You can read my full story in the Surgical Outcome section of the forum, or click here:
https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13945

The Activ-L is the only artificial disc designed specifically designed for the L5-S1 junction. I would recommend it. Its given me my ability to walk back. It is FDA-approved and I had my surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia, the co-developing surgeon of the Activ-L, in Aventura, Florida.

The Freedom Disc for the lumbar is not FDA approved, which means it will likely not be covered by your insurance.

Best regards,
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American