View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 PM

Default axiomed freedom cervical disc

hello everone,

Firs a quick about me. I was in a car crash at 19, had symptoms of a bulged disc for 6 months (didn't know it) after. Eventually became asymptomatic. Fast forward to last summer at 22 years old and I reinjured throwing out a mattress. Didn't realize it was anything serious anyhow, just sometimes driving hurt my shoulders and neck. Kept lifting weights until I woke up with pain at about a 5 and little function in my right hand and arm. Now, 5 months later, one ortho says go do what you want you'll be okay just a small bulge. Second opinion sent me to pt which I just started.

I wake up regularly in the night because my arm goes numb, can't much lift weights or run (basically only two things I like to do for myself) and have back and neck pain. Regularly a 3/10, and occasionally a 7 or 8/10

I found a clinical study in Europe for the freedom cervical disc. Makes much more sense than these ball and socket designs (much more natural). Im considering trying to get into the trial. Based on your experiences, should i wait and see if the bulgr (C6-C7) becomes asymptomatic, or try ADR while I'm still a good candidate? My quality of life has gone significantly down without athletics. Are outcomes generally good? Its difficult to tell because of what papers consider a good outcome, and most people who are online about it tend to have bad outcomes (understandably so).

Thanks