View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 01:31 AM

Default hi

hey you know...i am not going to condemn someone to go or not to go to a particular doctor. but i have been around spine forums the past 3-4 years and have heard numerous negative things about bertagnolli. these comments are deleted now. i don't know why. infact, many negative comments of other surgeons have completely disappeared. its kind of awkward. but the real question is, would you still go to a surgeon if you heard of an extremely bad news? my 2 cents says no...

but on the same line, i have recently seen surges in people going to stenum in germany and having good outcomes or to any other doctor. again, its so easy to create an online profile and fabricate your problems and then finally say "oh...i feel completely painfree this doctor saved my life" yada yada yada. when in actuality this person never had a problem in the first place.

no one says this...but this is just something you should think about. also, pimenta and zeegers is not some one you should sleep over and i personally, would choose one of those two guys over anyone currently in the market. you can check out zeegers in facebook. he was a collague of dr. boeree. so thats atleast some good news right?

another thing...asia spine surgeons are perfectionists when it comes to surgery. singapore has many prominent hospitals with top surgeons. even thailand. they don't care about your money because surgery is so cheap over there. in the order of 10k for a surgery.

anyways, i am not going to discourage you from your decision. but just realize, the prodisc might not be the right disc for you. heck, i would rather go with the active L over the prodisc...
2011-diagnosed with two level DDD L4-L5 L5-S1
2011-ESI performed then 2 level disectomy/lami
12/11: Diagnosed with spinal infection. Currenly on antibiotics (ivy). changes in mri due to infection. rushed to the hospital. got surgical drainage and a laminectomy at l5 and another partial laminectomy at l4.