View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Emily and welcome to the ADR Support boards, I'm glad you found us but sorry you have the need.

It would be helpful if you were able to explain a bit more about your scheduled surgeries, so we can better answer your questions.

You said your surgery is going to be in San Diego, do you know what ADR device they will use?

I gather they are doing a 2 level ADR placement, is the surgery already scheduled?

It sounds like the plans are to do the lumbar repair before your May wedding trip to the UK as well?

Has your surgeon given you any indication how long you will need to stay in California before your able to fly back home ?

I haven't had an ADR but I have flow out of state for some other surgery and found that the airport's and personel are very helpful if you let them know you have medical needs. They provides priority transportation to and from the gates, luggage area etc and priority boarding for me. All I had to do is inform them that I was traveling post-op when I booked my flights. I also paid to upgrade my seat to first class on my trip home. A chunk of change for that ticket but well worth it for the increased comfort, if you can manage it. My flight was between Denver and LA...

Like everyone else has said, please ask any questions that come to mind. Many of us have walked down an uncertain path before and we'll be happy to help !!!
Severe Vitamin D Deficiency
Spinal Fusion C5-C6, C6-C7 - May 2007
Multiple epidurals, L 3/4/5 & S1
L 3,4,5 & S1 herniated/bulging disks-under control for now.