View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 07:41 AM

I think it would be wonderful to rate surgeon experiences.
1. openness during pre surgery and post surgery consultations to discuss all options

2. success of surgery immediately and/or over time

3. Willingness to work with you if problems arise post surgery

4 willingness of surgeons office staff to help with the insurance fight to get ins insurance coverage, and accomodate out of state or out of country patients.

I think this information from personal experiences is INVALUABLE. Also there might be some trends popping up. Maybe some surgeons are getting burned out and/or over booked with other business related commitments as their ADR expertise and demands grow... and patients might be suffering from developing a better dr/patient relationship????? There seems to be a new pattern of discontentment with a couple frequently praised surgeons on this site. Why is this? Are they too busy now? Are they focusing on new technologies and frustrated with unsuccessfull patients of the early ADR models? Or are these just enivitable situations where even the best surgeons have failed surgeries because nothings 100% Are these unhappy people the results of expected statistical events or is there a shift in the quality of care (for various possible reasons) by certain surgeons?

Also I think that even if you haven't had surgery yet...if you've consulted with some of the less mentioned surgeons...you can still share your good and bad experiences. I've had night and day experiences with different clinical trial experienced surgeons and would recommend one over the other! I would want to hear from both those that have had the surgery as well as those that consulted with surgeons in various states/countries even if they couldn't follow through with surgey due to insurance or $ issues, or told they are not an ADR candidate!

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop