Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 AM

Thanks for the response, looks like you and I have the same level of problems. I just had my updated MRI. And X-ray's today to send over. My first question would be, how do you feel now? I don't have over the top expectations of feeling 18 again, but am hopeful that this constant sciatica, hip and leg pain are gone. What made yoU decide to go with Bierstedt over the other surgeons? I was seriously considering Ritter-Lang last year after talking to someone that had a two level lumbar performed by him. After reading through a number of posts I think I'm glad I didn't go through with it. I've been looking at Clavel pretty hard, one reason is the results I see on here from him, and the second would be the possibility of Blue Cross World reimbursing me at least a portion of the cost. How bad was the pain the first couple of months after surgery? I've read that some people didn't think it was too bad, to the other extreme of almost unbearable pain? Sorry for jumping all over on the questions, I just want to know what I'm getting into. Due to my insurance I have two appointments set up next month with neuro's. The first told me a two level fusion is the only chance I have, the other is the required second opinion, which I have a feeling will be the same as the first opinion. Thanks again.

1989 – Repeat Herniation L4-5,L5-S1. Repeat discectomy, Flag football worse than college ball

1995 – Car accident, bulging discs C4-5, C5-6

2007 - Herniated L3-4, Oh No! Not again.....

2009 - Discectomy L3-4
Miserable since '07, constant sciatica and LBP
Docs say 2 level fusion. Ya... I don't think so....