View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewrad View Post
This may be an easier way to communicate and I hope it provides you with the direction you need. If you can provide images(if you have them) of your lumbar and post them here that would be helpful. If you are too steep at the sacrum, ADR may not be recommended at L5/S1. Also, your facets. Make sure they are in good shape.

I am a three level hybrid, meaning I had a L5/S1 fusion and two M6's above at L3/4/5. That was almost two years ago. These M6s are best of breed IMO in that they allow for facet sparing by virtue of both their forgiveness and resistance. They translate well and avoid over-rotating axially. I have one on my desk at work. Not the display one. The real one they use. Its really strong! I am going to make a video soon of it to help people relax once they see me put the channel locks to it. LOL. Its tough stuff.

Anyway, to encourage you, Dr Clavel and his team are very good at placing these. In addition, he has upgraded his facilities with a 3D O Arm for incredible viewing of the spine.

At 22 months I am doing very good. I still go to the gym but avoid heavy lifting or axially loading of the spine. I do this not so much for the M6s but the rest of my spine needs to be protected also. The M6s appear much more resilient than your own discs. Your old anatomy will have to play catch up to these devices.

As far as the device itself, I am a FB friend of Braulio Estima. Look him up. He has two cervical M6s and still drives opponents down to the mat using his neck. He also does full bridges using his head as well as 360 degree bridges! The M6s are fine.

Its always going to be your old anatomy, IMO, you need to be careful of...

And to that point, I am going to post soon about supplements your body needs to take care of that old anatomy post-ADR. Soft tissue support builders.

One thing to keep in mind, the M6s were made for movement. You need to put them to work. Your body will want to move with them in your spine, so move. My spine seems to thrive on movement, especially walking, as I can sometimes put in 7-10 miles a day walking. In addition, at the gym, I do mostly cables and weight machines, high reps. Cut & carve. No more bulk & bloat.

Tell Dr Clavel, Andrew Radakovitz said "hi" on your consult. I would love to see him again and perhaps meet you in person as well.

wow...interesting words, thanks a lot. I read it with all my atention.

Finally i didn´t go to Clavel because I could´nt have surgery until september-october, due a question of my job (I have to work from june to september yes o yes, I don´t have option. The reason is story about my promotion in the police force and I can´t take time for surgery before september october). By the other side, in september I will have help of insurance probably and now it would be impossible (boring stories about insurances, the fact is that i could have problems with them in the future I visit clavel now)...so , althought I wish with all my heart to visit to Clavel because I am completaly depressed and desesperate, I decided to have "cold blood" and wait until september.

All your words are so interesting. I will send you a private message with my RMI. Maybe you can give me your opininon.

It´s so good to know that you can go to gym and you feel strong your M6. And I am watching the facebook of Braulio Estima....incredible too....2 levels adr... I can´t believe. Althought I think it is easier when the problem is in the neck....only my opìnion.

And yes, It would nice to meet you. I like to speak with "people of gym" who knows how I feel and how I love this sport.

JANUARY 2015 -MRI : Herniated disc ( posterior medial hernia) in L5S1 . Does not compress the sciatic nerve.

My life is a nightmare. I can´t work or doing sport. PAIN , PAIN AND PAIN

PAIN IN MY BACK, NO PAIN IN LEG