View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 09:17 AM

Optimistic,

Condolences on your quandary. Seeing so many post here who, like yourself, have widely divergent opinions from respected spine surgeons make me realize my good fortune in that there was little variation in the prescriptions I received for the malady that culminated in my double ADR.

While I understand the objections to ESI's, know that that is a quick and easy procedure that has a very low complication rate and can provide significant relief for weeks and months to many spine sufferers. I had at least four of them myself and experienced substantial, albeit temporary, relief each time.

What reasons did the US ADR surgeons give for you not being an ADR candidate? Though I tend to side with the Europeans, multiple contraindications from US ADR surgeons should be seriously considered.

There have been a few posters on this site that had lumbar interventions from the anterior and posterior during the same surgical session. The only handle that's coming to mind at the moment is Maddie. She doesn't post here any longer but may respond to PM's.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011