View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 11:47 PM

Alastair, thanks...but your link just takes me to the AMA page that I questioned in my original post. Just wanting help interpreting it's meaning.

ESl, not sure about the first two codes you listed but I have an authorization from WC with the 22851, which is the spinal fusion code I believe, that they use to bill before ADR was assigned it's own code. You are fortunate that your doctor will accept that. My doctor and his hospital will not accept that(even though that is the code they requested authorization for originally) because they are afraid they will not get paid. And they will not bill under the old codes because they say that is fraud, even though both my BCBS and WC said to go ahead and have them bill that way. If I could find a surgeon I trusted willing to bill fraudulently, I'd go for it!!! I guess what I am trying to point out is that if you read the AMA quote that I posted earlier, it seems to me that doctors/hospitals don't have to use the new codes until JULY. Am I right?? Nobody has addressed that question for me, anyone care to try, lol???
thanks,
RObin