View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:46 PM

[reposted from another thread]

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

I am enormously thankful.

A year ago I was beginning to face up to "inevitable" multi-level cervical fusion and could see no alternative.

The year since then has been a whirlwind of education and an emotional roller coaster. My condition looks a bit worse, BUT my prospects look a whole lot better!

Saturday I'm getting on a plane bound for Germany. I finished up the last-minute details today, so now I can get excited! Whatever I feel in the next few days, gratitude will be in the mix.

One thing for which I'm particularly thankful is this forum, and all of you who've made it and sustain it.

So, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you ... as happy as mine (and that's pretty happy!), or more. :-)

[and more]

For everyone that's helped me get to the place I am today, this stepping-off point toward a new life ... and everyone whose care, prayers and good will have comforted and renewed and inspired and intrigued and amused me along the way ... and everyone who's acted with good intention on my behalf, when I knew it and especially when I didn't ... and everyone who's offered hugs, conversation, quiet presence, perspective, advice, lessons I needed and sometimes even wanted, sinfully good junk food, grins and awful puns for both bad days and good ... and everydane who's slobbered on my chin, hogged the bed, leaned on me for love & attention, walked endlessly with me through sleepless nights in the pre-dawn neighborhood, stayed nearby when I wobbled and needed a prop (or when I didn't), brought laughter with silly antics, and loved and respected me more than I deserve ...

Things don't matter, my dear friends; You matter. I am most thankful for you. I am glad to have you ... I am lucky to have you ... I am blessed to have you. I thank you.

-j