View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 10:13 AM

July code implementation date, I'll buy that as a reason for ADR procedure back up. I can see why the hospitals can not take a risk of not being paid and they probably have case history as their teacher. My scheduled date is so close to July 1 that it leaves me wondering if there is not a connection to the magic pay date. My experience has led me to believe there was something more going on and it is nice to know I am not alone in thinking of it. I have been on the phone at least weekly since 11/04 to the doctors and it seems suddenly I am a go. Not complaining, I'll take whatever and whenever I can get. I was told early on it is the hospitals not the doctors. In fact the doctor even said he would do whatever ($$$ too) to help me. But it seemed like something magical just happened. I would also ask does anyone know for sure about Robins' July date information? I agree with you ESL that Medicare favorable response to the codes is encouraging, but I was told that the doctors and hospitals want it in writing and the second hand news from me the patient isn't enough. Medicare told me they don't pre-approve anything in writing.
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue