View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 03:23 AM

Wow Pauletteski--now THAT's a list of good questions!

I'd be interested especially in seeing what kind of response you'd get on these two:

Quote:
14.What do you make of the differences between the Prodisc and the Charite?

15.Regan says that the Charite is a superior product due to its un-constrained design. He says that the Prodisc may split the vertebra in a catastrophic fall. Do you agree or disagree with this?
I asked related question twice to DR Fenk-Mayer via email, only about the ProDisc Vs Mobi-C (why does he prefer the Pro, and how does it compare to the Mobi-C?) and got the same 'pre-fab' response twice, to the order of (not verbatim, but close):

'Dr Bertagnoli generally prefers the semi-constrained concept of the Prodisc, although he has implanted all types. Indeed, he has modified the Prodisc to suit his needs..but can implant all types according to need...however, we do not think this will be the case for you".

I think he just prefers Prodisc,especially after using it so much and modifying it, period. The Mobi-C people gave me much the same response on their product as well, also stopping short of comparing it outright to another disc on the market.

I forget who first said it (Maybe Alastair, but don't quote me? Confirm/deny Alastair?), but it was something to the order of 'pretty much all the discs out there today are based on a few basic designs and principles; you're much better focusing on the surgeon's capacity more than the prothesis itself' ????????

Probably in a few year's time, we'll know more about the pros and cons of each design variation, but right now I tend to believe ADR is too young to know much in that line.

Trace