View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 AM

Default !

Arabella,

I was in a lot of pain after my surgery. I was able to control it with percocet but I started having new pain. I couldn't sit because it felt like I was sitting on glass. It was the same with my feet. I later discovered I had some annular tears at L5-S1. I had a doctor who inserted a tiny scope into my spinal canal and he was able to lase the tears. About a month after that, I was totally pain free. It took a total of about 7 months before I was able to return to work as a captain for american airlines. Getting the ADR's took care of the back pain and the leg pain.

Every one i s different. One guy had L5-S1 replaced and needed no pain meds and was pretty much pain free in a week. I guess it all depends on what you go in with. The ADR I have will last me a lifetime. Also about fusing L5-S1, since it doesn't do as much as the other lumbar discs, some people think that fusing this level won't make any difference.

Anyway, you need to find out if your discs are causing your pain by way of a discogram and also if you have any facet problems that are causing pain. This can be done with a block of the nerve into the facet that will relieve your pain for a few hours if they are the cause.

Mark
Multiple facet blocks and epidurals
L5-S1 annular tear 8-08 lased with ELD
October 08 back to work