View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 08:23 AM

Poncho, If you do post on another thred & get any usefull information please forward it on. I am a certified paitent for the Charite ADR. Lumbar L5 S1. I did try to get in under a randomized study last year for the maverick & was scheduled for surgery & the day I went in for pre-op preperations the study ended. So I made the decession along with my Surgeon to wait for the approval of the Charite ADR which was antipated around the end of 2004. Now I'm in the second level of appeal process with Beach Street CO. They are the co that approves or dissaproves surgical proceedures for the Insurance Co Thomas Cooper. I've forwarded letters from FDA stateing that it is "NOT INVESTIGATIONAL" & marketed for use. I'm told by them that they don't really care what FDA has to say because the independand orthopedic surgeon they consult says there are no long term study on the effects of this proceedure. It has been used in Europe for years with amazing results & even the two year study that was done here had outstanding results. Still they insist on spinal fuission. I argue that there are long term study on the negative effects of fussion & that is why I don't want that, especially now that we have new techknowledgy. If anyone knows anything else that I can through at them It certainly can't hurt. Tired of taking 200+ mg Morphine daily...