View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:01 AM

Kirisuchina,

There is a U.S. doctor named Carl Lauryssen who had experience with the M6 artificial disc. This is is known to be one of the best artificial discs that is available because it most closely mimics the real thing with its "shock absorber" quality. This disc is manufactured in Sunnyvale, California but does not have FDA approval. Dr. Lauryssen is based in California, but does much of his M6 work in Dubai. His website is Carl Lauryssen M.D. | spinal Neurosurgeon in Los Angeles | Beverly Hills . From reading these posts, I don't think osteoporosis is a major issue with ADR as long as the surgeon is aware of it. I've heard that they sometimes line the vertebrae with cement in patients like you. In some cases, the doctor might want the patient to be on an osteoporosis medication for a period of time before actually doing the surgery. I suggest you contact Dr. Lauryssen's office to find out when he is in Dubai. Furthermore, he may be working with other surgeons in Dubai who live there.

Good luck,
Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C