View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 12:40 AM

Question Help with being Bloated :(

I am so bloated right now and don't know why. I have read similar things on this board; but they were all in post-op and that is not me, so thought I would look for insight. Warning, a bit of TMI involved...
The bloating started about 3 weeks ago, I brushed it off as being from my cycle. That came and went, and then I saw my pain dr. and found out that I gained 6 lbs! Holy , or in my case rare occurence of. I am taking stool softners daily, max dose. When I get miserable, I add in Miralax, Maalox and fiber (although, this doesn't happen often, once a month maybe). I thought that I had pretty 'regular' as of lately and don't really think that is the problem; but am not sure.

There have been several times that I have drank some water (any liquid) or ate something and felt like I was going to explode. I have also been having frequent (daily)stomach aches and feeling like I want to vomit and no, I am not pregnant, although I look 6 months pregnant I usually don't have stomach aches, although, when my pain is bad and I am taking lots of medicine, I will (but currently I am taking Kadian 20mg x 2 day and 3-6 Vicodin 10/325 a day, before the Kadian I took 8 or 9 Vicodin a day, so I don't think that is it). I also take muscle relaxers and Lyrica; but have never had problems with them in the last 3 years. My eating habits haven't changed, in fact, I feel like I have been eating less (I am on Chantix to quit smoking and it has also curbed my appetite).

Now, to my final questions,

Is this common with back pain?
Could it just be plain ole' constipation and associated medications?
Do you think a liver/colon cleansing system would help? I have done one of these before; but then I end up on the other end of the spectrum, not to mention taking all those extra pills (and remembering to take them with enough time in between the other medications)