View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 AM

KBear,

i don't think it's a question of does this bloating go along with back pain, but rather, all those medications you are on (and alot of us have been on as well) seriously impede the digestive tract. No doubt about it. Are you having regular bowel movements with the added fiber you are taking? Are you having early satiating? When you mention the nausea as well, it makes me wonder if your food is just sitting in your stomach. The opiates can definitely slow the digestive process. If things don't smooth out, you might benefit from seeing a gastroenterologist. I certainly don't mean to scare you, but your symptoms sound somewhat like a condition I have, gastroparesis, which is a slowing of food through the digestive tract. Especially if you take a few bites of food, and you immediately are full, or begin to get a stomach ache, then the nausea can come. Just food for thought. No pun intended. Keep us posted for sure. And I hope you can get some answers and relief for this. It's bad enough to have all the back pain, then this on top of it.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!