View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:41 AM

Jeff and I are thrilled, Aetna has approved my L5/S1 Charite ADR and I will be having the surgery on May 17th in NYC with Dr. Bitan... one day shy of my 26th Birthday! I've started all my pre-op bloodwork etc and will keep you updated on my progress.

We've been reading up on all the recovery tips everyone has provided and they are proving to be very helpful. I'm planning on staying in NYC until 10 days post op when I fly home to Texas, the doctor says this is fine... for those of you who have traveled for ADR do you have any tips for the flight home? I've been saving a first class upgrade so at least I won't be in the back of the bus next to the bathroom...

Also, I've learned that ABC news is doing a special on ADR (I don't know if it's local New York or National ABC news yet) but they are filming my surgery for the segment. I'll let you know when it will air. I don't know if I will be interviewed, but I'm sure my spine will have a starring role. Let's hope this increases people's awareness of ADR and maybe... just maybe... it will help the insurance companies see that this is a good alternative to fusion for a few of us.

Take care!
Tricia
ADR L5/S1 May 17th 2006 w/Dr. Bitan
http://adrrecovery.blogspot.com/
Doing GREAT and feeling very lucky!