View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jss View Post
Kurt,

Because there are so many variables that go into when and which surgery to have, unless one is incapacitated, it can be very difficult to know if or which surgery to have.

Of all three of my surgeries the decision was easy. For the first one, my symptoms were probably much like what you're currently describing, but the MRI showed the spinal cord compressed to half its normal diameter. I have a quadriplegic in the family and another member that is disabled from waiting to long to have surgery, so the doctor didn't have to work hard to convince me that surgery was warranted. Loosing the use of my right arm prompted the second surgery, and then being incapacitated in pain prompted the third.

This looks like a very good time to get all of your research done into the various treatments and what your insurance will cover. If you become incapacitated suddenly, like I was, the decisions will already be made and you'll be ready to move.

Good luck, Jeff
Very good advice, Jeff! So far, I haven't started the fight with my insurance carrier yet since I haven't made the decision to go with surgery or not. I already know they cover ADR-C but not ADR-L but my Dr said he can appeal it and I guess has had some success in doing that. As you said though, I'm still gathering other opinions and just lining things up.

I hope you are doing well now.

Kurt
39 yr old male