View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:56 PM

Default The Surgical Decision ....

Kurt,

I can most definitely sympathize with your situation regarding the question of just how "bad" of condition / pain do I need to be in to decide to make the jump into surgery.

I wish I had an answer or a helpful suggestion. I am sadly stuck in the same situation as to the confusion on what to do. I am fairly medically-ignorant, and feel so even more when I read how much so many others on these boards seem to know and understand about their own condition(s). I finally began my short-term plan of at least prepping for the possibility of surgery for me - quit smoking since Jan 13th 2012 and started getting some professional psychological help.

Best of luck in whatever decision you ultimately make. If you find there is something specific which really helps direct your thoughts one way or the other, let me know huh? In the meantime, know that you are certainly not alone in struggling with this decision.

Jeff
2008-Positive Disco (L4/L5&L5/S1 annular tears)
Herniated discs at L4/L5/S1, bulging T12
Began constant/severe neck & upper back pain 11/09
Jan 10-Cervical/Thoracic MRI:bone spurs+new disc probs
Cervical Spine issues causing terrible pain beginning in July 2021 - scheduled for 2 level C-Spine ADR on Oct 19th 2021 now!! Part of Clinical Trial so unsure if Mobi-C or Baguera C will be implanted ....