View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Default 3 Level M6-L L2-L5 Dr. Clavel 3/14/12

Hi,

Sorry to have to join in the welcome to the site

I too have DDD. I do have a medical background, not sure how helpful that was to be honest. I did NOT want surgery, I had EVERY available treatment at least once, including an IDET. i had 3 surgeons, 1 neuro, 2 ortho all suggesting ADR due to the DDD and the potential for adjacent level disease that would occur with fusion.

My only regret looking back is that I spent soooo much time trying to avoid the surgery. No one answer is the right one for everyone. However, I feel like a new woman. I am 6 weeks postop, I am walking 3 to 4 miles a day in ome mile segments, no problems. All the presurgical pain and numbness is gone and was since I opened my eyes after surgery.

I unlike many on this site am just now finishing weaning off mynpain meds, but still could mot be happier. Whatever you choose the good news is you do have some options. On a negative Nellie, I also have UHC and they denied all the way through outside party arbitration. Still the best money I ever spent.

Good luck on the search, read until you are comfortable and at some point I just took a leap of faith.

Laurie
2009-facet inj, radiograph ablation, SI joint injections, cryoablation stubborn no relief
2010-retired d/t pain. more injections
2011-IDET of L3-L5. Pain unchanged, up 50 lbs!
2011-Lumbar ADR recommended by Ortho and 2 neuros. In appeals w/ins. May choose Europe for M6
Need to lose lbs