View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 PM

Default Formal Introduction

Hi-
I have been spending a lot of time on forum the past couple of weeks. I am so glad that I found it, it has been a great wealth of knowledge and have already had the pleasure of communicating with some great people! My battle started about 27 months ago and has take me thru 3 PT's, Prolotherapy including PRP, traction, DRX9000, and steroid injections (left L4-L5, right L4-L5, left L5-S1, left SI joint capsule, facet joints L3-S1, and caudal). I have had some relief at times but never pain free and really just a roller coaster that has been getting worse but not better.

Local surgeons want to fuse L4-L5 and all basically say at some point I will end up having a 3 level fusion or on says wait until I can not walk and then fuse because once I fuse one level my sentence will have started. (honest, but no solution) Dr, Clavel has reviewed my MRI and is suggesting a 3 level ADR w/ M6. I want to get one more opinion from overseas and discuss with Clavel how sure is about his suggestion because the condition of L4-L5, specifically modic changes. I am already leaning towards surgery but am very stressed out on how to go about finding a local doctor to support me and help with pain meds, pt, and follow up images.

The surgeons I have talked to are all TOTALLY against adr's. One told me he would pay me not to have adr surgery. 2 told me, "if you have a compilation and need a revision you will most likely die." I plan on making an appointment with my primary tomorrow, but he is under the umbrella that I cancelled a scheduled fusion surgery with. I fear that with such a negative mindset within the community I will not be able to find a doctor to be my advocate. How have other overcome this hurdle? I am attaching a few images of back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LUMBAR 0001.jpg (37.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg LUMBAR2 0001.jpg (38.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg LUMBAR3 0001.jpg (37.7 KB, 44 views)