View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 AM

Wow Patti, that is a dilemma. Finding a state side doctor to follow up on you after an overseas surgery is difficult enough, but you've already got six or so telling you "now way!"

After my European double ADR it took me weeks to find an ADR surgeon to just do a routine check up on me. I wasn't having any problems, it had been 18 months and I thought I should have a check up. I was surprised at the glee the doctors exhibited in rejecting my request for a check up; one even telling me, "It wasn't our decision for you to go to Europe and we're not responsible for providing that service. That is a decision that YOU made and if YOU want a checkup then YOU'LL have to go back to Spain!"

Because I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, I was eventually able to find an ADR surgeon that knew the M6 that was willing to do a checkup. If you're not in a large metropolitan area, you might have to travel to one for post-European-surgical care.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011