View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 05:27 PM

I didn't find another forum to discuss these questions, so i'll just keep this thread going.

One thing that concerns me deeply is if i decide to postpone the ADR surgery.
Even though my condition is chronic and is always there, i wonder how much worse will it get if i don't do ADR.
Some days it's so so and some days it hurts but i think my mind and body has accepted and adjusted to the pain. The Cymbalta has probably contributed to this also or i would've weened off of it.
There seem to be a lot more people worse off than me and since having a 3 level ADR is a major surgery i'm still scared to death.
Do i live with the devil i know or don't know?
If i wait, of course my DDD will only progress, but will the pain?
It's like i'm at the point if i do the ADR's it's more of a proactive move in my current mind.
Do i wait till my discs collapse or facets get worse. Seems like a no brainer but still a major, major decision not knowing the outcome.
just an example is my L3-L4 has a bulge with disc desiccation.
It's been like this since first confirmed on an MRI in 2000.
It hasn't herniated and disc height hasn't changed much.
When i had my consultation with Bierstadt, Malte told me i should get it replaced as i was already considering ADR at L4-S1 and my last surgery should be my last. Almost makes me feel like a throw in if you know what i mean.
Born 1970/1995-Hurt at work/1996-Right disc fragment L4-L5 discectomy-On/off back pain,no serious leg pain until/2007-Right herniation L5-S1,recurrent small herniation at L4-L5 with unbearable leg pain/6/08 discectomy L5-S1/leg pain relieved/occaisional mechanical pain/2012-Cymblata 60 mg,occasional aleve/2014-LB pain not debilitating but chronic,Rhizotomy relieves facet pain on right side/2015-L4-S1 facets shot/4/15 PLIF L4-S1 with facectomy