View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 04:51 AM

Default Frustrations with admin teams

Hello all

I finally decided to have surgery (two level ADR S1-L4) and after a long period of research i decided on the LP-ESP disc, i then had discussion with a number of surgeons with a view to planning my surgery.

My first choice was Dr Rischke, nice guy, had a few discussions with him, as mentioned by other posters on here he is effectively a one man band who hires out OR rooms in hospitals and anesthetists etc, his support team is also i believe just his wife.

This is where the issues are, he provided me a surgery proposal which i sent off to my insurance company. My insurance company had a number of questions and when i forwarded these on to him it all went quiet, i got the impression that he didn't want the hassle of any of the admin tasks, drafting medical reports, responding to my insurance company queries etc, so it all went quiet.

I then held discussion with Dr Desai, again nice guy but his support / admin team are very unhelpful. They also provided me with a cost estimate for my surgery although this was so generic the surgery could have been for anything, this is from the surgery proposal they sent me
we would be pleased to provide you with information on the costs incurred for a planned spine operation during your stay at the private station.

• Hospital treatment (I45A) for now 10.382,00 €

• Room supplement single bed room for now 1.584,00 €
with shower per day 264,00 € (6 days)
• Accommodation of an for now 855, 00 €
accompanying person (6 days)
per day 142,50 €

• Elective orthopedic treatment approximately 9.600,00 €

• Elective therapy anesthesia approximately 3.500,00 €

The sum of these charges for a fixed period of 6 days. (€ 25.920,00) must be passed before the in-house treatment on the account below 14 days beforehand. After completion of the in-patient treatment, you will receive an exact invoice as the above amounts due to the medical services to be performed.
For further inquiries, we are happy to help you.
as you can see it says 'planned spine operation', 'elective orthopedic treatement', i replied on numerous occasions over the last 6 weeks asking for a diagnosis, proposed surgery and a a cost breakdown for the two level ADR surgery to which i simply received a number of unhelpful emails from a lady called Iris who i believe is patient liaison but did not nothing at all to help despite me explaining that the estimate provided would not be sufficient for my insurance company.

I have found the whole process thus far very frustrating, has anyone else has similar experiences?

alternatively can anyone share positive experiences of planning for surgery?

First MRI in 2012, diagnosed with DDD @ L4-L5 & L5-S1

Numerous injections, caudal block, epidural injections, Discogel

Considering ADR at both levels