View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:44 PM

Red face When you're completely fed up... and have tried everything else

I have struggled with the decision of whether or not to have surgery many times. I have not yet had it, but I do feel the time is right for me. I still have some good days mixed in with the bad, that make me think twice about getting sliced... but my general trend has been towards the more painful days of late.

I am in pain anyhow, so any relief surgery may have for me would be most welcome. There just comes a time when you say "enough's enough." That's when you know you're getting ready to take the plunge... you're ready to accept the risks for the chance of the potential benefits. Be realistic about your expectations though. The unfortunate reality for many of us is the fact that we will likely be in some amount of pain for the rest of our lives. It just comes down to what you can and can't live well with.

There's no rush, of course, so take your time in making your decision. Surgery will almost always be available later, but once you have it there's no turning back. Good luck making your decision! I truly wish you the best!