View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 03:25 PM

I have to say that I don't really care what they call it although I know that they must call it something. I just wish that Doctors would realize that Just becuase they can't see the pain doesn't mean that its not there! I fell from a ladder and landing on my right elbow and butt at the same time. For the first week all I felt was my elbow pain, but once that went away my neck began to hurt so I went to my doctor and he initially took xrays which showed minor ddd but in his words there was nothing there that would cause the pain I was having. over the next three month the pain increased so his initial response was to put me on neurotin, which didn't help but he continued to increase the dose until I began to have halucinations, then he began the MRI, CT, and got me to the Neurosurgeon which also did nerve testing.

And at the end of all that the same response from them minor ddd with minor disc buldging C,5,6,7 but this shouldn't be cuasing my pain. Oh I should have said that 80% of my pain is neck pain with little pain down my arms although I was having numbness in both arms and my neck as well which my numbeness scale was 50/50. There final decision was to start me on opiots becuase I shouldn't be having this pain that i'm having or they don't know what is cuasing it so put me on drugs and get me out of there hair. After a couple of years of that I went back and told them we had to do something and so all of the test started again but nothing diffinative until I went in for my discography which reproduced my pain at C5,6,7 and showed tearing of both disc, cuase most likely from my fall.

The doctors attitudes have changed since that test but my pain level has increased since then, not sure but suspect that the test further damaged my disc? Anyways like you all said earlier many have ddd with no pain and so it seems to me that doctors use this as an excuse when they don't have answers. If your talking just ddd mine has doubled in the last three years but it's just now to the point where doctors start thinking that it could be cuasing some problems? Just goes to show that we are all different and that we must give the doctors that realize this and take the time to deal cudo's. but a lot seem to say on one hand that we are all different but on the other want to treat us all the same?

Fall from ladder on 05
Lots of pain DDD C5,6,7
two level ADR scheduled March 09 Discover disc