View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 AM

Just IMO,

I disagree with that doctor (but surgeon said that it will get better with time). Disc herniation's just don't get better with time, nor does narrowing disc space. DDD will continue to degenerate, the only question is, how long before it starts to auto fuse.
The question I think you need to ask yourself is: How much is pain affecting my life, how am I able to function, how long do I want to live like I am?

I have had back pain for 13 years just like you, except a little more disability, but I too had to make this tough decision and will have ADR this coming Jan.

If your insurance approved it, than you are more than fortunate than 90% of everyone who has ADR because most of the time insurance refuses to cover it. Consider yourself very fortunate.

What I have learned is that no one can tell you to do it or not. You have to be the one that comes to a peaceful place inside that this is your best option, and then find the best doc, hospital, etc... to do it. I would recommend the DVD "Getting Back on Their Feet" that Harrison made about others who had to make the same decision too and their stories. It may give you some solace.

Good luck!
Ken